Entry Fee $30/player
Maximum field of 64 players
Match Play Schedule
Registration Deadline: Sunday, April 9th
Round 1 Pod Matches completed by June 11th
Round 2 Sweet Sixteen matches completed by July 2nd
Round 3 Elite Eight matches completed by July 23rd
Round 4 Final Four matches completed by August 13th
Final Match completed by September 3rd
New “Pod” format patterned after the World Match Play Championship played on the PGA Tour. All registered players will be put into 4 player pods, seeded by handicap. Round 1 will consist of all players playing 3 matches within your pod. Winner of each pod will move on to the Sweet 16. It is the player’s responsibility to schedule matches with their opponent, and pay applicable greens fees when they play. Matches for each round must be decided by the posted deadline. Round 1 Pod Matches can be played in any order, and gives the players greater flexibility in scheduling. There is a 9 week window for all players to play their first 3 Pod Matches. Subsequent rounds are allowed a 3 week window to play their match. Individual matches will be at 100% handicap, using the most current USGA revision. The higher handicap player(s) will “wheel off” the lower handicap player, receiving strokes where they fall on the scorecard.
- ) Matches are to be played from the BLUE TEES.
- )Players with a USGA index of 15.0 or higher, or seniors age 60+, have the option of playing the GOLD TEES. Super seniors (age 70+) may elect to play WHITE TEES. Extra Super Seniors (age 80+) may elect to play RED TEES. This option must be designated at registration and will remain in effect for the duration of the tournament. Handicaps will be adjusted to the tees played. There is an additional adjustment of handicaps necessary when players within the same flight/competition are playing from different tees. Generally speaking this is the difference in the course ratings of the two different tees. For more info on competing from different sets of tees, visit these links:
- )Matches are to be played over 18-holes, unless for reasons of time and scheduling players agree to a lesser number of holes, or another method of deciding the match.
- )Matches must be decided by the posted deadline or a coin flip will be used to decide the match..
- )In the event of a tied match after 18 holes, play will continue beginning on original starting hole until match is decided. Any strokes received by players will apply to the same holes as in the 18 hole match.
- )Pod winner tie-breaker: In the event of a 2-way tie the result of the head-to-head match will break the tie. In the event of a 3-way tie the cumulative result of all 3 matches will be used to break the tie. (i.e. winning 4 and 3 is better than winning 1 up)